CAP-XX is a world leader in the design and manufacture of thin, flat supercapacitors and energy management systems used in portable and small-scale electronic devices.
CAP-XX develops, manufactures and markets thin, prismatic supercapacitors for use in:
- commercial and industrial electronics, such as handheld computers, point of sale terminals, telemetry units and location tracking equipment;
- consumer handheld devices, such as digital cameras, tablet computers and mobile phones; and
- clean energy applications, such as energy harvesting and micro-hybrid vehicles.
CAP-XX supercapacitors are characterised by their:
- exceptionally high power density and energy density;
- high cell voltage and wide operating temperature ranges;
- extremely low leakage current and minimum charge current; and
- thin, prismatic package, ideally suited for use in space-constrained applications.
CAP-XX supercapacitors provide:
- peak power support for pulsed loads;
- secure power back-up for mission critical applications; and
- battery-independent power storage in clean-tech products.
As battery-powered devices proliferate, and the focus on clean energy expands, demand is growing for high performance supercapacitors to extend and enhance operational life. CAP-XX supercapacitors enable manufacturers to incorporate more and more high power functionality, whilst reducing:
- battery weight, cost and size;
- component cost and number; and
- environmental impact.